7.09.2012

Swinging Tails Smiling Faces

So last Sunday was my first visit to Shelter Pejaten. And I know this place is heaven and I'm craving for more visits. I'll do the second time this Saturday. :p

First thing came up my mind was a quiet huge, scary and messy field. But you'll never know how much happiness comes when you get inside. You'll find a medium sized cage full of cats in the side of the field before you enter a gate and everybody start to bark. EVERYBODY. And they'll come at you with swinging tails and smiling faces. Sniff your pants and hands, and lick it to tell you they believe you.

Inside, you'll find another million swinging tails you'll be dizzy. And barking friends inside the cage, also a manly doberman behind. A golden siberian husky, Hachi, with different eye balls will get your attention. Also that mixed pug, Milo, will come over you the first time you walk into their house and hop up on your lap with sleepy face. And a lazy pinkish dog who's always sleepy. 2 puppies scrambling to lick your hand. A rottweiler whose tongue was craned out of the left side of his mouth. A sweet pitbull who's too sweet to be in the cage. A little friend who loves to do shower he has the cleanest fur. I've spent my hours chatting with them, staring at what they're doing, and it was such a happiness to me. Never smiled this long time again, it's been ages.

No, happiness hasn't finished yet. Before going home you'll be go across a-something-like-big-kitchen but it is not anymore. And meeting a happy and active golden retriever with a tumor on her hip, 2 dotted little friends who always crave for attention, they were biting my sandal, my hair, my tee, hands, all of my body. A dark brown labrador who loves to get scratch on the tummy. And my favorite, a lovely disabled friend, Chocho. His back feet were born paralyzed he couldn't scratch his body when it's itchy, so when someone helps him to scratch it you can see heaven in his eyes he must be so happy, and when we stop he will be dragging his back feet and run to us to get more scratches. It was painful seeing him like this, I almost cried.

I've never been this happy since I don't know.. I think I never smile all along the hours like this. It was an amazing feeling seeing those abandoned and hurt dogs happy, those sincere smiles. Do visit them at Jl. Pejaten Barat no. 45W Pejaten, Jakarta Selatan. They must be happy meeting new friends, just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment