1.21.2012

Human Rights is the Right Tune

One day my teacher showed the whole class a documentary with proofs they made about an Indonesian band that followed Jewish beliefs―well at least this is what I could take from it―, they put signs on their video clip such as pyramid with an eye and stuffs, and the lyrics led to―well the video told―something like an adoration of that 'one-eyed' thing.

And the unacceptable thing is when I said "wow that one-eyed pyramid stuff, I like to draw that thing, it's pretty cool I think" and a friend responded "yea! That thing is cool indeed" then my teacher said "that's it! You said that sign is cool, it's like you've been hypnotized. This band hypnotized their listeners so that so many people liked them". Wait what? I think they had the same sum of fans with the other groups at the era. And about my case, what the hell is wrong with drawing things like that? Abis denger kata-kata itu rasanya langsung pengen ngecat tembok kelas pake gambar itu sampe penuh tau gak. Sama aja kayak ngeliat kuda yang keren, terus pengen gambar kuda, terus itu namanya gue dihipnotis sama si kuda karena dia keren? Well hi, this is what me and some people called art.

Maybe the purpose showing us that video is to warn us.. This is a sign of a denial of God or something people often do it lately. But, me, a 15 going on 16 student here, just making a simple thought about this;
  1. If you do believe in God, and think that following Jewish beliefs is an unforgivable sin, then why don't you just give it to God and let him do the rest.
  2. This is human rights, I think. Making music, doing arts. Whatever it means, if you think it's wrong in your beliefs than go back to Thought number 1.
  3. Just because I make post like this, doesn't mean I follow Jewish beliefs. I just do Thought number 1.
For the rights thingy, I've heard a similar case about some punks that got down by cops at some locations in Indonesia. Rambut mereka yang ala ala punk gitu di cukur habis. If it's their attitude that making people worried, jadi apa hubungannya dengan mencukur habis rambut mereka? Itu kan human rights bergaya ala ala punk. It was disappointing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment